The largest logistics operator of e-commerce parcels in Poland and the owner of the largest APM network, InPost currently has 11,000 devices and is still dynamically developing its network of Paczkomaty®.
Now let’s summarize the declarations of other companies from the last four months (the most recent one from yesterday).
- December 2020: the state-owned postal operator Poczta Polska announced the launch of 2000 APM by 2022.
- January 2021: the state-owned company Orlen announced the launch of 2000 APM by 2022.
- March 2021: Allegro the largest Polish e-commerce platform, the only competition for Amazon, entered the Polish market and announced that it will set up 1500 APM in 2021 and another 1500 by 2022.
- March 2021: the first Cainiao APMs appeared on the streets of Warsaw. These are used to collect parcels from Aliexpress (Alibaba Group).
- April 01, 2021: Pointpack announced that it is creating an agnostic APM network. On the same day, Furgonekta.pl provided the same information.
Parcel lockers in Poland. Boom or the war of declarations?
2022 is the year that we can probably evaluate which of these declarations actually materialized… Stay tuned!