The aim of this project is to create reusable packaging for the logistics and e-commerce industry. These packagings use Physical Internet solutions.
The expected effects of introducing such a packaging to the market are:
– reducing delivery costs by using the same packaging multiple times,
– maximization of recycling materials,
– reduction of the carbon footprint in logistics processes,
– access to detailed information about the shipment,
– reducing the time needed to fill in unnecessary documents,
– access to detailed information, e.g. the level of shocks or falls of the parcel,
– better use of the cargo space.
The idea is implemented mainly to protect the natural environment by reducing the carbon footprint in logistics processesDue in part to the fast growing e-shopping trend, this has generated an enormous consumption of packaging materials. To implement the E-pack project, three institutes of the Łukasiewicz Research Network cooperate – the Institute of Logistics and Warehousing (Ł-ILiM), the Institute of Electronic Materials Technology (Ł-ITEM) and the Institute of Biopolymers and Chemical Fibers (Ł-IBWCh) have come together to collaborate. The concept phase has been completed and the work on the prototype is ongoing.